Since it began on February 23, 1917, the American Red Cross of Greater Grand Rapids has empowered ordinary people to perform extraordinary acts in emergency situations. We train. We mobilize. We connect donors and volunteers to those in urgent need of a helping hand. Whether it is a hurricane or a heart attack; a call for blood or a call for help, the American Red Cross is there.
Last year in our community, because of people like you we were able to …
- Involve 1,014 local volunteers
- Assist 843 disaster victims (house fires, flooding etc.)
- Send 390 emergency military communications
- Send 32 international tracing messages
- Train 22,529 people in lifesaving skills
- Drive 368,644 miles to bring 1,444 low income, disabled or elderly transportation clients to medical appointments
- Collect 9,073 units of blood
- Teach 13,727 K-12 Students Disaster and Safety Skills Through AWARE Presentations
Together, we can transform a life in crisis into a life of hope.