The statistics below reflect total American Red Cross service deliveries since the beginning of major spring storm response. This includes:
Tornadoes in Kentucky, Virginia, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Iowa, Florida.
Flooding in Tennessee, Vermont, New York, Arkansas, Missouri.
Wildfires in Texas.
To date, the Red Cross has:
- Served over 616,727 meals and 1,143,251 snacks
- Opened 211 shelters
- Provided 17,663 overnight stays
- Made 19,677 health and 19,418 mental health contacts.
- Distributed over 1,054,288 bulk items, including 23,321 clean up kits and 51,554 comfort kits.
- 8,704 Red Cross workers, of which 7,559 are volunteers, have assisted with relied and recovery efforts.
- 277 Emergency Response Vehicles provided mobile feeding.
- To learn more about the response of your local Red Cross visit www.redcrossggr.org.