For nearly 100 years, U.S. Presidents have called on people to support the Red Cross and its humanitarian mission. President Obama’s proclamation of March 2011 as Red Cross Month continues a tradition begun in 1943 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
The Red Cross has been helping those in need for 130 years. As the nation’s largest nonprofit humanitarian organization, the Red Cross:
- Responds to an average of nearly 200 disasters every day, providing shelter, food, emotional support and other necessities.
- Teaches millions of people lifesaving skills like first aid, CPR and water safety.
- Provides a round-the-clock link between those in the military and their families wherever help is needed – along side the troops in military hospitals and war zones and on military installations worldwide.
- Supplies blood and blood products to approximately 3,000 hospitals and transfusion centers across the country.
How can you support the Red Cross during Red Cross Month?
- Come to the Grand Rapids Griffins Red Cross Appreciation Nights!
Celebrate Red Cross Month with the Grand Rapids Griffins! Friday, March 4th and Saturday, March 5th at the Van Andel Arena at 7 PM
Help support the American Red Cross by purchasing tickets for either game via this exclusive discounted ticket offer!
Savings and Support
Lower level Face-off tickets only $14 ($3 of each ticket donated to the Red Cross)
Lower level Center Ice tickets only $17 ($5 of each ticket donated to the Red Cross)
Quick and Easy Purchase!
Go to www.griffinshockey.com/promocode and enter REDCROSS
- Calling all Riverbank Runners!
Its only ten weeks until the big day! Are you ready? Come join us for an aid-station assisted training run this Saturday, March 5, at the David D. Hunting YMCA. The run will begin at 8am and will be led by coaches from Gazelle Sports. The three runs (3, 8, and 11mi) will be mapped out through the streets of Grand Rapids. Afterwards refreshments will be served back at the YMCA compliments of Panera Bread and Ice Mountain. Bring a donation for charity and be entered to win a free 5/3 Riverbank Run Hoodie!
- Donate: visit www.redcrossggr.org/donate to help the Red Cross help save lives.