Thanks to all of you, the Red Cross received over 75,000 votes during
Target’s “Bullseye Gives” campaign on Facebook!
We came in a (very close) second place, with 26% of the votes, and raising over $793,000!
Just for perspective, and to keep with the “every 24 hours” theme — take a gander at an average day in the life of the American Red Cross:
- Red Cross volunteers help 200 families who lost everything in a house fire or other disaster
- The Red Cross connects deployed service members with their families 475 times
- 19,000 people outside the United States receive urgent care from the Red Cross following a disaster
- 21,000 people receive a blood transfusion from a Red Cross donor
- 43,000 people receive life-saving Red Cross health, safety and preparedness training
- 290,000 children receive a measles vaccination from the Red Cross and its partners