In response to the flooding in North Dakota, four of our AmeriCorps volunteers, along with one local disaster volunteer, have headed out to Fargo to help. They are currently assisting in a shelter for staff and responders, and one of our AmeriCorps volunteers, Megan Ghysels, was chosen as shelter manager! Even with working overnight shifts, our volunteers have high spirits and are making a real difference!
Currently, throughout North Dakota, the Red Cross is:
- Mobilizing 550 Red Cross volunteers and staff from around the country
- Running 9 shelters, which have seen nearly 900 overnight stays
- Serving over 160,000 meals and snacks
- Sending 42 mobile feeding units out in communities
- Making over 2,400 mental and medical health contacts
Want to help? Donate to the Disaster Relief Fund!
The Disaster Relief Fund is the lifeline that allows us to serve disaster victims anywhere, anytime. It provides funding for food, shelter, counseling and other assistance as well as the vehicles, warehouses, call centers, and people that make that relief possible.
Each year, your local Red Cross responds to hundreds of disasters here in our community, so please consider donating a portion of your gift to our local Disaster Relief Fund.
INTERESTED IN AMERICORPS? CHECK OUT THIS RECENT ARTICLE FROM RAPID GROWTH MEDIA ON OUR LOCAL RED CROSS AMERICORPS AND FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN JOIN THE TEAM!